“Mighty To Save”

Every now and then a worship songs comes along that the Lord uses in a very unusual way. It’s impossible to predict it. After leading worship for more than 20 years all I can say is, you will know it when it happens!

One of those songs that has just captured my heart recently is “Mighty To Save.” Pastor Troy gave me a copy of this song more than a year ago. As I listened the song just grew and grew on me.

On June 8 we introduced this song to our congregation. All I can say is WOW! The reaction was really more of a lightning bolt of a worship experience! It was amazing. Read these amazing lyrics….

Everyone needs compassion, love that’s never failing, let mercy fall on me. Everyone needs forgiveness, the kindness of a Saviour, the hope of nations.

Saviour, He can move the mountains. My God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save. Forever, Author of salvation, He rose and conquered the grave, Jesus conquered the grave.

So take me as You find me, all my fears and failures. Fill my life again. I give my life to follow everything I believe in. Now I surrender.

Shine Your light and let the whole world see. We’re singing for the glory of the risen King!

Those amazing lyrics combined with the power of the music make for an amazing combination!

Here is the audio of us doing “Mighty To Save” on June 8 with our team at FCN. Enjoy!

Comments
7 Responses to ““Mighty To Save””
  1. Steve says:

That is a great song! It great to see the Spirit move across a congregation as a song like that is sung. When people totally forget about others and stand up and worship. . .truly awesome.

Terry and Don and the whole band rocked that too!!

2. Aaron Baker says:

That was an amazing time of worship. Too often it seems like we have worshippers on stage and onlookers in the seats. That day the wall between the 2 was broken and it was tremendous. BTW, Terry Hays is my hero!

3. Troy Hochstetler says:

A powerful worship experience!

4. LT says:

I have to ditto everything already said. It was an incredible worship experience! As I listened to it on CD in preparation, it just didn’t strike me as a song I was really going to take to. I enjoyed the harmonies and thought the words were good, but it just didn’t “tickle my fancy”. As Brian said, maybe it had to grow on me a little. But the growing didn’t take long for me because when we sang it live in worship together with our congregation, the song totally came alive … as can only happen when the Holy Spirit inhabits the praises of His people. Those words, when you’re declaring them out loud and in unison with your fellow believers, are so extremely powerful. Because He is powerful!!! Let us shout it from the rooftops!

5. Troy Hochstetler says:

2 More things after listening to the recording on here:

(1) Don on the Hammond was absolutely sweet!
    (2) When the team sings the chorus after the first bridge – awesome.

6. Denise says:

I keep coming back here to listen to this recording (thanks for uploading it!) and soaking in the message to this song.

Taking me as I am (fears and failures), forgiving me, filling me, and showing me His power – Mighty to Save!
    Very strong lyrics!

Emilee and I sang this last night together in the kitchen while she was baking muffins. Not only is this song on my mind these days, but its also soaring in my heart!

Denise

7. Karen Burton says:

Awseome!

I love the words, he takes me just as I am fears & failures, forgiving me ,filling me, showing me his power. And he has done that in such a mighty way these last few years. Espcecially the last few months. We serve a wonderful God, who loves us unconditionally.

Karen