We are heading into my favorite season of the year. Actually, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I have always loved it. I know what you are thinking….”Brian, you write about food all the time. Of course Thanksgiving is your favorite holiday!”
That’s true. I do write about food a lot. But, the food is only a small part of what I love about Thanksgiving. I love many things about this great holiday. I love the meaning….the tradition. I love that this holiday makes us pause and reflect.
Thanksgiving. Thankful. Grateful. Gratitude.
These are words that carry weight. They are words that we do not use lightly.
I find myself thinking a lot about Gratitude these days. I have so much to be grateful for. So, here is a list of the things I am giving thanks for this year.
- I am grateful for my precious wife, Kim. I see God working in our home, marriage & ministry and it humbles me. She inspires & encourages me in my faith every single day and spurs me on in my relationship with the Lord.
- I am grateful for my family. I love every single one of you. My parents, siblings, in-laws, nieces & nephews….all of you are such a blessing in my life.
- I am grateful for the chance to serve this incredible church and to work with Chris Philbeck. It is such an honor to serve with him. His love for God’s Word is making such an impact on me.
- I am grateful for the chance to serve with Kim through Tabor Ministries. We have had some amazing adventures and seen miracles happen with our own eyes. God is so good!!
- I am grateful for my friends. God has blessed me with people I love to spend time with who sharpen me, encourage me & challenge me.
- I am grateful for my co-workers at MPCC, including the Worship Department and the amazingly gifted staff team I have the honor of working with every single week.
- I am grateful for God’s provision in my life.
- I am grateful for good health.
- I am grateful for the incredible mentors that God has given me throughout my life.
- I am grateful for the opportunity I have to use my gifts to bring honor to the Lord, which is my sincere prayer.
- I am grateful for music.
- I am grateful for the chance to share a great meal with my wife or a trusted friend.
- Most importantly, I am so humbled and grateful for Jesus Christ who continues to change my life every single day, in ways that I do not deserve.
It’s possible and even probable that this list is simply a therapeutic exercise for me. I do hope that it will also inspire you to reach out in gratitude to those around you.
Be Blessed this Thanksgiving.